HISTORY OF THE FIRM
E H Tebbutt & Sons has been providing quality legal services to clients for over 100 years. The firm was established in 1910 by Ernest Henry Tebbutt, who was subsequently joined by his sons William Alston Tebbutt in 1923 and Roy Elliott Tebbutt in 1926.
Roy Tebbutt's son H W (Peter) Tebbutt joined the firm in 1953 and retired as a consultant in 2005. The firm has always practised in the vicinity of Martin Place being sited at 28 Martin Place until 1967 and then 82 Pitt Street until 1982.
The firm moved to its present building at 115 Pitt Street in 1982 and occupied level 15 for nearly 25 years. In September 2006 the firm moved to refurbished premises on level 16.
The new premises provide a lighter comfortable and pleasant work environment for our staff and for our clients.
THE FIRM TODAY
- Today the firm remains very much in the manner in which it was founded that is reflective of being a traditional family orientated type firm especially to private clients but now provides a wider area of expertise.
- The firm however has developed a strong commercial practise particularly servicing small businesses.
- The firm provides high quality legal service based on partner's accessibility at a competitive price.
- The firm has also extended to providing high quality Family Law and De Facto Relationships services to a large variety of clients.
- Technology has been harnessed to speed the sourcing of information to be able to properly service each client's individual concerns whether they are in commercial, conveyancing or litigation.
- Our computer systems both hardware and software are being constantly updated to bring the clients the best service and presentation possible. Information is the driving force of the age, and we aim to access and process it as quickly as possible. Further integration of data, research services and information exchange will enhance our services.
In March 2010 the Law Society Journal published an article celebrating E. H. Tebbutt & Sons 100 year anniversary. Click here to view (PDF 2MB)